Rainbow Fertility is taking every precaution around patient appointments and treatments due to the recent outbreak of Coronavirus.
Please do not be offended if we ask a few extra questions over the next few weeks as we book treatments and consultations – patient safety is our priority at this time.
Rainbow Fertility is advising anyone who falls into the following categories, to delay their fertility appointments and/or treatment at Rainbow Fertility for 14 days. Please note patients have the option to change their appointment to a Skype appointment, please contact our friendly staff for further information.
- Active flu-like symptoms
- Recent direct contact with proven COVID-19 case
- Recent return from overseas travel within the past 14 days
- Any patient who has returned from overseas travel at any time after 15 March must self-isolate for 14 days.
If you think at any time that you may have been exposed to Coronavirus, please phone your clinic who will help you make the necessary changes to your treatment
We will continue to monitor all new updates and keep you informed as we receive more information from the Australian Government Department of Health.
What to look for?
The symptoms of Coronavirus are similar to those of any other upper-respiratory infection – runny nose, coughing, sore throat, and sometimes a fever. In most cases, it will not be obvious if it is Coronavirus or any different cold-causing virus.
Some practical ways to help reduce the general risk of infection include:
- Avoid very close contact with people showing symptoms
- Frequently washing hands
- Practice good coughing etiquette (maintain distance, cover coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues or clothing, and wash hands)
- Not sharing plates, utensils with others