Dr Georgiana Tang
MBBS, MRM, FRANZCOG | Medical Director of City Fertility Centre Sydney
Suite 306, 343 George Street, Sydney, NSW 2000
Level 1, Suite 2, 11 Elizabeth Street, Liverpool , NSW 2170
“Same-sex couples need a caring doctor who takes the time to explain fertility treatment, without being judgmental.”
Dr Tang works primarily in:
- IVF and fertility care.
- Laparoscopic surgery.
Well-known for her friendly, personal approach with patients, Dr Tang has practised reproductive medicine for over 15 years and has been co-founder of a number of IVF units. Her work includes the management of all aspects of fertility, from evaluation, to treatment, general gynaecology and laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery. She also has a special interest in surrogacy, sperm and egg donor cycles.
Dr Tang graduated from the University of New South Wales (UNSW) in 1992 and trained at St George Hospital. She began specialising in obstetrics and gynaecology at Liverpool Hospital, in the Sydney South West Area Health Service (SSWAHS), culminating in her being awarded a Masters in Reproductive Medicine from the University of Western Sydney in 2004.
Dr Tang was born in Hong Kong and in her teenage years moved to study in Australia, where she now lives with her husband and three daughters. Dr Tang prides herself on providing the highest standard of care and strives to achieve the best outcome for her patients.
Dr Tang operates at Liverpool Day Surgery and strives to accommodate new patients within ten working days.
Awards and achievements:
- A published author and regular speaker at seminars and conferences on fertility and gynaecology.
- Active member of the Quality Assurance and Policy and Procedure Committees in the Sydney South West Area Health Service.
- Lecturer at UWS School of Applied Science (2001-2009).
- Conjoint lecturer at the UNSW and the UWS (2001-2005).
- A fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists.
- First female staff specialist in obstetrics and gynaecology appointed at Liverpool Hospital.
Languages spoken: Cantonese, Mandarin.
Get to know your doctor
- I grew up in… Hong Kong. I moved to Australia to study when I was a teenager. Sydney’s been my home for over 30 years, but I return to Hong Kong every couple of years to visit family.
- When I am not working… I’m an avid painter. I’ve been learning Chinese painting for three years now and have fallen in love, it’s so relaxing.
- Most people don’t know that… I play the piano and really enjoy Chinese Opera (it’s kind of daggy, I know!).
- My favourite holiday spot is… USA and Europe and I am yet to explore Beijing.
- When I was growing up, I wanted to be… an architect, as I like to design and build things with my hands. However, helping patients to achieve their dream of having a family is extremely rewarding, so I have no regrets.
- My greatest achievement is… establishing a fertility and gynaecology practice. Though I couldn’t have done it without the help and support of GPs, colleagues, patients and my wonderful family.
- The one person I would have liked to have met is… the Dalai Lama, he’s an inspiration.
- The best advice my parents gave me was… be kind, and always try your best even if you don’t succeed.
If you would like more information on Dr Tang, please visit her website: www.drgeorgianatang.com.au