Dr Andrew Zuschmann
BSC (MED), MBBS, MREPRODMED (UNSW), FRANZCOG | Director of City Fertility Centre Sydney
331 Port Hacking Road,Miranda, NSW 2228
Suite 2A, Level 6, East Sydney Private Hospital, 75 Crown St Woolloomooloo, NSW 2011
“I take an open, caring and compassionate approach to all of my patients, whatever their circumstances or orientation.”
Dr Zuschmann works primarily in:
- IVF and fertility care.
Dr Zuschmann is a medical graduate of the University of New South Wales (UNSW). He completed specialist training in 2005, when he attained his fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RANZCOG), before working towards his Master of Reproductive Medicine, which he was awarded by UNSW in 2008.
A specialist obstetrician and gynaecologist, with 16 years’ experience as a doctor and ten years’ experience as a specialist, Dr Zuschmann also offers patients a full range of fertility treatments, pregnancy care and women’s health choices.
He’s experienced in all aspects of women’s health and gynaecology, including: fertility issues, pelvic pain, endometriosis, abnormal bleeding, ovarian problems (including Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome), IUCD and contraceptive implant insertion, abnormal Pap smears and hormone replacement therapy.
With over 10 years’ experience in the diagnosis and treatment of fertility difficulties, Dr Zuschmann uses the most up-to-date techniques to help his patients make informed choices and reach their goal of having a baby.
Experience, empathy, open communication and a commitment to achieving the best healthcare outcomes for patients are all qualities you can expect from Dr Zuschmann. He actively involves patients in the decision-making process, to ensure they are fully informed about the risks, benefits, and likely outcomes of any given course of action.
Dr Zuschmann offers the following reproductive services:
- Ovulation induction.
- Intra-uterine insemination.
- IVF with ICSI.
- Frozen embryo transfer.
- Donor cycles.
- Reproductive surgery.
- Pregnancy care.
Get to know your doctor
- I grew up in… Sydney’s wonderful Sutherland Shire.
- I start my day by… Being woken up by my youngest, who has certainly found her singing voice, downing a strong espresso or two, then negotiating with both my daughters as to what will be on TV while I get ready for work. Peppa Pig usually wins.
- When I am not working… I relax near the water, preferably with my family and close friends.
- Most people don’t know that… Friends rate me highly as an amateur cook (maybe they’re just being polite), and that my flour-less chocolate cake is (allegedly) ranked among the best in the world.
- When I was growing up, I wanted to be… Truck driver, a disc jockey, then when I was six I told my Dad I wanted to be a doctor.
- My favourite holiday spot is… Noosa, or on the back of a boat in Cowan Waters.
- My greatest achievement is… Professionally – qualifying as a specialist after a 15-year journey; Personally – becoming a father.
- The one person I would like to meet is… Having not long finished one of his books, reading about his attitude to life and business, and his work to make the world a better place, Sir Richard Branson. As he puts it: “Some 80% of your life is spent working. You want to have fun at home; why shouldn’t you have fun at work?”
- The best advice my parents gave me was… work hard, be positive and you can achieve anything you want.
If you would like more information on Dr Zuschmann please visit his website: www.andrewzuschmann.com