Will it be easy to switch to Rainbow Fertility?
Yes, we have made the process extremely easy, you only need to follow three simple steps:
- Make an appointment with one of our specialists. To do so obtain a GP referral prior to the consultation with your fertility specialist.
- Speak to our Patient Services team. Our friendly staff will help you organise the transfer of your patient files/medical records and the transportation and storage of embryos, eggs or sperm (if applicable).
- You can rest assured that our experienced and expert team will look after your precious cargo every step of the way.
We understand that this could be an emotional time, which is why we will ensure a smooth transition with minimal disruption and most importantly that your embryos are handled safely and securely, with meticulous care from clinic to clinic.
What makes Rainbow Fertility so great?
- As the first dedicated fertility and IVF service provider in Australia to cater exclusively for the LGBTI+ community, we offer an unrivalled understanding of the challenges you can face, from the physiological to the psychological. Many of our specialists have undergone training to better-appreciate the diversity and unique needs of LGBTI+ families and a number of our staff and specialists have extensive experience in helping create LGBTI+ families.
- Whatever your personal circumstances, you’ll be treated with compassion and the utmost respect from day one. You will choose your own specialist, who will get to know you and be with you throughout your journey, ensuring continuity of care.
- Our RTAC (Reproductive Technology Accreditation Committee) accredited fertility clinics have some of the best-specialised laboratories. We pride ourselves on maintaining state-of-the-art equipment and the highest quality standards.
- We’re always clear and up-front about pricing, with no hidden fees or registration costs for standard IVF services.
Is it safe to switch to Rainbow Fertility?
Yes, you can rest assured that our experienced and expert scientists, nursing and admin teams will ensure that the transportation and storage of vitrified embryos, eggs or sperm between fertility clinics are performed safely, securely and lawfully.
To help alleviate any concerns you might have around the transportation and storage of vitrified embryos or gametes between fertility units, we have compiled a list of the frequently asked questions.
Is there a risk associated with the transportation and storage process?
The transportation of frozen embryos and sperm between clinic is extremely safe and secure. This is common practice and is done by placing the embryos and/or sperm into a “dry shipper’’ – a specialised cryogenic vessel that keeps embryos in a “deep freeze’’ while being transported between clinics. When the shipper reaches Rainbow Fertility, the embryos and/or sperm are placed into secure larger tanks for ongoing storage.
You can be assured that their welfare will be in the very capable hands of a specialised medical transport company whilst they are in transit to Rainbow Fertility.
Rainbow Fertility uses a specialised service that is door-to-door and has extensive experience transporting and handling “dry shippers”. We have successfully shipped embryos and sperm around the world, with evidence that the contents were never compromised.
Is there a risk to the frozen embryo, eggs or sperm?
The risk to the frozen embryo or sperm is negligible. The embryo or sperm remain frozen during the entire transportation process in a specialised tank that can go around the world maintaining the environment needed to sustain the frozen material. These tanks are prepared and monitored prior to/during shipping and at receipt at the clinic.
Moreover, at Rainbow Fertility all storage tanks are monitored regularly and confirmed for integrity and temperature maintenance before and after each and every use.
Is there a risk of my frozen embryo or gametes being misplaced or mixed up with another?
The frozen embryos or sperm are clearly labelled and witnessed at the time of freezing. The labels used for this process are specialised and do not come off in liquid nitrogen storage.
At Rainbow Fertility, we take quality and safety seriously. All our clinics are fully accredited against the Reproductive Technology Accreditation Committee (RTAC) Standards, a mandatory set of standards established by the Fertility Society of Australia for all clinics offering Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART).
What is the cost to switch to Rainbow Fertility?
The costs involved to transfer your embryos, eggs or sperm to Rainbow Fertility include the courier fee to transport the gametes/embryos and an upfront storage fee. Please contact our friendly staff on 1300 222 623 to discuss your individual circumstances.
Please be aware that the releasing clinic may charge additional fees.
Research reflects positive results
A published scientific study (Reed, reporting in The Clinical Embryologist, Volume 10, Issue 4) showed that vitrified embryos held in a storage tank for three days had no difference in survival when thawed. This study also showed that the duration of storage had no effect on thawing outcome, survival and continued embryonic development.
Is the IVF process the same compared to other IVF clinics e.g. blood tests and ultrasounds?
At Rainbow Fertility, we understand that each fertility journey is different and therefore, your treatment will vary depending on your personal circumstances. Following your consultation with one of our specialists, you will have a tailored fertility plan and a clear understanding of the next steps involved in your treatment plan.
Rainbow Fertility fully supports and facilitates the transportation of vitrified embryos. We are happy to assist you in moving your embryos between clinics. If you have any questions, please contact our friendly staff to speak to one of our experienced scientists.
Will I be glad I switched?
Absolutely, at Rainbow Fertility we are committed to providing patients with exceptional fertility and IVF care and as such we believe that patient feedback is a critical element in monitoring our performance and improving the service we provide.
Rainbow Fertility has always had outstanding satisfaction rates from patients and we continue to exceed our targets. In 2019, 98% of all feedback received from patient satisfaction survey respondents was positive.
We are confident about our ability to provide premium fertility and IVF care to all our patients and we look forward to helping you achieve your dream of having a baby.
Which fertility specialist is right for you?
In order to help you choose your fertility specialist all of their profiles, including photographs, biographies and contact details, can be accessed via our Specialist team page. If you are unsure of whom you would like to see, please contact our Fertility Advice Centre on 1300 222 623 and they will be able to assist you in choosing which Specialist is most suited to your needs.
Call: 1300 222 623